Having been involved in residential property lettings for 20 years we understand the importance of finding good quality tenants. Whether you are a landlord with several properties, or a Landlord who is letting for the first time, your business is important to us.
At Mint Homes we offer a let only or let with full management service. To help you choose the option that is right for you please read the information below or call us on 01539 722519 to discuss.
Let Only Service
For this service we charge £420 including VAT:
- FREE property market appraisal
- No let - no fee
- Extensive internet and social media advertising, including Rightmove
- Accompanied viewings
- Referencing of prospective tenants
- Right to rent checks
- Preparation of the tenancy agreement
- Preparation of the inventory and schedule of condition
- Registration of the deposit
- Issue of prescribed deposit information
- Collection of first month's rent
- Arrangement of gas and electric safety checks, if required
Let With Full Management Service
The let only service and charges as above would apply, and; if you would also like us to take full care of your property throughout the tenancy, the following management service is available for 8.4% including VAT of the monthly rent:
- Receipt and disbursement of rent
- Regular property inspections
- Arrangement of routine repairs and maintenance
- Out of office hours emergency number
- End of tenancy: send tenant(s) end of tenancy instructions, carry out
- Inspection and deal with deposit deductions, if necessary
- Process the return of the deposit
Mint Homes will provide realistic and achievable advice on the current rental value of your property, taking into account the current market and demand for properties like yours.
Promoting your property
Mint Homes has one of the largest market shares in the area we cover, and; in conjunction with our social media presence, we attract hundreds of enquiries every week from prospective tenants.
Selecting the right tenant for your property
We know that selecting the right tenant for you is more important than just finding any tenant. At Mint Homes, we pride ourselves on the quality of our tenants by carrying out the “Right to Rent” checks and using an independent referencing company to reference every prospective tenant. They check their credit record, verify their income and employment status and; where appropriate, gain a reference from a previous landlord.
Keeping you informed
Mint Homes has built its reputation by keeping all our clients fully informed. From the day we list the property, feedback is essential if you’re going to minimise the void periods and agree a rental. We’ll report all viewers’ comments and make recommendations on price and presentation as we go along.
Mint Homes collect the first month’s rent and deposit prior to the tenant moving in. After our fees and any pre tenancy work invoices have been deducted, the remaining funds will be forwarded by electronic transfer and a statement of account will be provided by email and/or post. If you instruct Mint Homes to manage your rental property we will raise and collect the rent from the tenant(s) every month by standing order.
Legal Requirements and Best Practice
If you would like us to arrange any of the following we have a team of contractors that can help.
- Gas safety certificates which includes a boiler service
- Periodic electrical safety inspection and report
- Portable Appliance Test (PAT)
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Initial Legionella risk assessment
- Review Legionella risk assessment (required every 12 months)
- Smoke and carbon monoxide risk assessment
All Fees charged for the above works will be inclusive of VAT, unless otherwise stated. For more information on our property maintenance team please click here.