Why let your property with us?
Mint Homes are an independent, internet-based, letting agent. Operating online means we keep our overheads low, enabling us to pass these savings to our landlords and tenants. We deal solely with residential lettings so you can be sure that your rental is our number one priority.
We offer several services for our landlords. If you would like us to only find you a tenant we have a let only service. Alternatively if you would like us to take the hassle and hard work out of renting for you we can offer a fully managed service. For full details of the packages we offer please click here.
Free Market appraisal
Call or email us for a free, no obligation appraisal of your property. Our team have extensive knowledge of the area and of the current market conditions.
Presenting your property
Our team can offer helpful hints on presenting your property to potential tenants. Sometimes it is worth doing a few low cost maintenance jobs to make your property more appealing. We also have a team of local, trustworthy tradesmen that undertake all aspects of building and maintenance work. For more information please click here.
Marketing your property
If you instruct us to put your property on the market, we will:
- take photographs
- organise an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) if you don’t have one
- ensure you have all the relevant safety certificates
- write up the particulars
- advertise your property on our website, On The Market and our social media platforms
- send the information to relevant, prospective tenants via our own database.
We ask all our landlords to complete a comprehensive lettings service instruction form. This information helps to ensure we have all the relevant information about your property.
Choosing the right tenants
All property viewings are accompanied by a member of the Mint Homes team who are extremely knowledgeable of all our properties and can therefore answer any questions. We ask all prospective tenants to complete an application form detailing their current living arrangements and financial situation. We will then contact you to ensure you are happy to proceed with their application. The next step is to ask them to pay their referencing fee and submit the application to the referencing company to verify the eligibility of the applicants.
Before the tenants move in
Mint Homes will:
- compile a compliant photographic check-in inventory of your property, that will include meter readings, this will be signed by the tenants at check in
- obtain a deposit from the tenant, either by a Zero Deposit Guarantee or a cash deposit, usually five weeks rent. All cash deposits are registered with our Government approved deposit protection scheme, The Deposit Protection Service (DPS), within 30 days of receipt
- obtain their first month’s rent in advance
- arrange a date and time to check in
Moving the tenants in
On the day of check in:
- all tenants will need to produce their right to rent documentation for checking before we can release the keys to them, we will do this at our office
- we advise tenants to take some time to walk through and examine the check-in inventory and feedback any discrepancies within 7 days before signing
If you have opted for our let only service the check in document will include your contact details so the tenants can contact you if they need any assistance. We will send you all the relevant paperwork and balance of rent and our involvement will then cease.
Managing the tenancy
For clients using our fully managed service all tenants will be instructed to contact the office if they require assistance. Maintenance will be reported on our 24 hour online system. If major work is required on your property we will always keep you informed and provide quotes if required. However, in order to efficiently manage your property, we ask that you approve any work under £150 to be untaken without seeking approval.
The end of a tenancy
We require one month’s written notice, prior to the rent due date if the tenants decide to leave the property. We will ensure the rent is paid up to date, all keys are handed back and assess the cleanliness and state of the property ensuring it is left in the same condition as the ingoing inventory (allowing for general wear and tear). A forwarding address for the tenant will be obtained and the utility companies and local Council informed of the changes. Assuming all is well with the property we will release the deposit. In some cases the property will require work. This will be arranged and proposed as a deposit deduction before releasing the balance of the deposit.