Shared Housing or House of Multiple Occupancy
Mint Homes are the only letting agents in the South Lakes area that specialise in shared housing or House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO).
What is a HMO?
A house in multiple occupation (HMO) is a dwelling which is occupied by three or more people, forming two or more households, as their only or main residence and where some of those households share one or more basic amenities.
Mint Homes HMO’s
Mint Homes HMO’s are available for young professionals. Properties offer all- inclusive rental packages that include all utility bills, council tax, Sky TV and internet.
All of our properties are available furnished on a shorthold tenancy basis.
To view our available properties please click here.
Tenancy agreements can vary so it is important that you read yours before signing. By signing a tenancy agreement you will be responsible for:
- Paying rent on time.
- Cleaning and keeping your room and communal areas in good condition.
- Not causing a nuisance (for example, noise at certain hours of the day).
- Notifying Mint Homes if any repairs are required through the online system.
- Being careful with visitors. If you invite people into your HMO then to a certain extent you are responsible for what they do.
Responsibility of the landlord and Mint Homes
- Not disturbing tenants unnecessarily.
- Repairs to the property, such as boiler, walls, roof and guttering – check your tenancy to see what is covered.
- Properties will have fire escapes that are kept clear
- All properties will have a gas safety check every year and an electrical systems check every five years. All furniture owned by the landlord will be checked for fire safety and all appliances owned by the landlord will be PAT tested.
- They are all fitted with smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.
- All deposits will be protected and paid it into the government backed DPS custodial scheme.
Apply for a Property
To apply for one of our shared properties, select it below:Apply Now